Sunday, December 18, 2011

Second CQ Block

After a 36 hour labor I have produced CQ Block #2:


If the blocks are going to frame a center block, and the pieces of embroidery provide the framing, this will be on the right hand side of the center block, with the embroidered piece on the inside. Obviously I'll have to cover up that stain with something but that won't be a problem.

Not sure this is coming together like I thought it would. I'm hoping I'll be happier with it as it progresses. In this block I feel like the colors are kind of chaotic.

Good grief, it's just a quilt block. What am I obsessing about?

1 comment:

  1. I love the tight little frame around the small motif--that's super because it highlights a second story going on with the linens. The small pieces are perfect-- they feel intimate and connected to the motif.

    Then, the larger spaces will give you an opportunity for larger pictures and more space for stitching and storytelling.

    Now go make a bunch more like this block and quit obsessing!!!!!

    Don't forget--you will be adding more layers of embellishments so the colors will move and blend together as long as you are consistent throughout.

    ReplyDelete