Thursday, December 29, 2011

CQJP - more blocks

Here are the eight blocks i've completed, surrounding the center picture which I printed today. I'm very happy with the way it turned out. Several people have strongly suggested keeping the white linen border. I wish I could come up with a way to do that without using pieces of the linens in the blocks themselves. Somehow I feel that it takes away from the center piece in each block.

I do like this and I look forward to getting on with the handwork.

1 comment:

  1. I think the linen border adds strength to the little center blocks.

    If not, maybe rotate some of your blocks so the light shades are in the middle. Block 2 could be rotated so that navy blue is not next to the linen piece. Block 7 & 8 have beige on the edge that could be turned to the middle. Block 6 could be a corner block.

    What's your plan for the middle block?

    You could add a regular border and 4 corner CQ blocks to get to your 12 blocks.

    ReplyDelete