Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Plan for Today

I feel like a lost a day yesterday. It was a long day at work and I was pretty much mush when I got home. Today I'd really like to get 3-4 cq squares done but also have some errands to run. BLECH. Working really cramps my quilting style. I feel like I need to get out and clear my head a little today anyway. Tomorrow I have a lunch party with some library friends & I've got to cook something for that. It's the DH's long weekend to work, this computer is being uncooperative, both girls are working and - I'm not going to lie - I'm a little down in the dumps. I can't get this cq thing to come together & I'm getting frustrated. The holidays are right on top of me, my daughter's graduating from college AND her birthday is the first week of January and I'm feeling the pressure of needing to do something for her but I don't know where to start. Just feeling a little overwhelmed. But - it's a beautiful day~! Not too chilly & the sun is shining. I'm just going to sit here and see where it goes. I'm not even going to post a picture of my preliminary cq block until I rework it. I should have pictures by this afternoon. I don't want to get too caught up in this but Michele at Quilting Gallery is having a blog hop. I could spend all day at that but I won't...really.

Update: God. Sorry about that photo of the scary quilt. I promise not to do that again. Not without fair warning.

Anyway, here's something I can show you that won't make you spew your morning coffee (hopefully). I'm not completely unproductive or dysfunctional. Debra sent me some embroidered pieces awhile back for AAQI quilts. I put together a cq using one of them:




Those fabrics are Japanese silks. When the Summer Olympics were here in Atlanta, the Georgia Quilt something or other got volunteers to make quilts for each country that was represented. My quilt went to Nauru, a country I'd never heard of before then. They also made quilts for the Special Olympics (I didn't participate in that one), and miniature quilts for the Winter Olympics which were in Japan.* I sent a miniature quilt and in return, the Japanese quilters send all of us several pieces of silk, which were lovely and, you guessed it, I've never used until this piece. I just need to embellish and finish this for the AAQI.

*Not that it matters much but I think the way that one worked is that the Japanese quilters made larger quilts for the athletes, and we made mini-quilts for the quilters.

Now I just need an infusion of caffeine and I'm good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment