Tuesday, November 29, 2011

December 2011 & January 2012 AAQI






Here are my December 2011 and January 2012 AAQI quilts. Very easy & simple but I imagine I'll be making quite a lot of this type of quilt for them this coming year. The first quilt is December 2011 and the second will be submitted for January.  Debra sent me a number of machine embroideries awhile back and this is one of them (my daughter fell in love it).  I'm trying to get some easy quilts done to submit to AAQI next year.  Once I've done 6 months worth of the Monthly Challenge, I may take the pressure off and drop out of that challenge, just concentrating on my $1,000 pledge. I'm more than halfway there but it may take next year's Houston Festival to reach the goal. There are just so many quilts being submitted at this point, people have a lot of choices. But that's perfectly fine with me. I know they sell tons at Houston and I'm happy to contribute.

Now that I'm ahead of that game, I plan on getting blocks ready for the CQJP 2012  and Take a Stitch Tuesday challenges. I'm joining a great group of quilters/stitchers and I'm excited and looking forward to a year of getting to know them all. Keep up with our progress at the Tuesday Stitchers blog. I'm honored to be part of this group!

Getting up a 4 am is not unusual for me but this morning not only did the dog need to go out but I got up to redo Stella's bandage by myself. Fortunately, she was uncharacteristically calm. I didn't eve have to hold on to her, she just sat there and meowed a few times. She did keep looking at me but it was more of a "Gee, thanks. That thing was nasty" look. Not like the other day:
 I don't know if you can see the eyes but they are totally dilated. When I see eyes like that on a cat I generally move slowly away.....








2 comments:

  1. Back away from the cat...

    Love both of the little quilts but especially that first one.

    Good luck with both challenges. I will try to keep up with the Tuesday Stitchers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That 1st one is a winner! Love it too. Where did you get that bird print?
    Libby added some colored pencil color to those embroideries & they really looked good. I could see you adding some reds to liven this one up.

    I am so excited about our group. I think it has great possibilities!

    ReplyDelete