Monday, January 26, 2009

Fabric from Jay McCarroll

Remember Jay from Project Runway?

Here's an article about his new fabric line, which looks wonderful. In this article, he talks about how his quilter-for-life sister influenced a his creativity. If you recall, Jay's final runway show included a lot of knitting and crochet. I can't remember if there were quilted items and I'm too tired to look it up right now. I can't wait to see the fabric when it comes out (officially) in February. It looks very retro.

1 comment:

  1. Very retro & cute!

    One of my problems with some of the newer lines of fabrics (besides the price) is how do you use the stuff in patchwork unless it's all about big blocks and not much detail in the quilt. Not that I have a problem with that style of quilt-I seem to be moving in that direction more myself lately anyway.

    BTW, I have come up with a clever idea for those "strange" blocks and will do some experimenting with them this week. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete