Wednesday, February 12, 2020



What you see below is a laundry basket filled with scraps left over from years of quilting and sewing. I can't bring myself to tossing them.



If they are big enough, I cut them into usable pieces, anywhere from 1" to 5", and into strips if there's enough fabric.  Eventually the really odd or small pieces get stitched into blocks like these below. Sometimes, even if the scrap is big enough, I'll go ahead and use it in one of these crumb blocks.  It really is a lot of fun to just let go and stitch without thinking too much. I have quite a few big blocks like this which I think would make a pretty nice quilt.  These are things I work on when I can't get into the mood to focus on anything else.



I could use your suggestions about how to put these sampler blocks together. That green block in the corner seem really out of place (and seems to be trying to escape) but my aunt made these and gave them to me so I want to do something with them. 




And by the way, Debra, I have some binding for you.

Last, enjoy the first color of early spring. Our weather has been so crazy - freezing and snowing one day; 70 degrees the nest. Poor little jonquils are confused. 


I have an appointment for a massage later today. I have a really sore muscle on the left side of my neck/shoulder. It's killing me right now as a matter of fact. I hope the massage will help. 

Hope you are having a good day.







4 comments:

  1. Yea on the binding!

    Your crumb quilt blocks looks very inviting. You could always set them with wide sashing so each block is a show block.

    I'd group the green hexie block with the fan block, the tumbling block & the dresden plate block. Those look the most similar to me-old fashioned traditional blocks. The heavier looking blocks on the corners and then the grey blocks along the sides. You may need a few more blocks or some vintage linens or something to fill in. Maybe go to 16 blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have a few more of those sampler blocks somewhere. ha ha. I organized now can't find anything. I love making the crumb blocks. Love how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love crumb blocks too. They can get tedious but they are a nice change of pace.

      Delete