Saturday, May 26, 2012

Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative - June Auction

I'm excited that one of my quilts  is up for auction this month.

 I had some silk fabric sent to me from quilters in Japan. When the Olympics were in Atlanta, Georgia quilters made and donated quilts for the athletic team and the Olympic committee chairperson for each country. My quilt was one that was chosen - it went to Nauru (I'd never heard of it either).  We also made miniature quilts for the Japanese teams in the Winter Olympics. Afterwards, a group of Japanese quilters sent each of us who had donated a quilt a package of lovely silk fabric. That's how long I had this fabric. the wide lace is from a vintage lace collar I found at an antique shop the the crocheted lace is from one of my old linens. The centerpiece of course is Debra's lovely embroidery. I worked on this partly as practice for the Crazy Quilt Journal Project and Take A Stitch Tuesday challenges.

Added: The auction begins June 1st!

5 comments:

  1. That's a pretty little piece and I hope it brings in big bucks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. How lucky to still have those pieces of silk around, and how well they coordinated with your embroidery. Imagine that! ;-)

      Delete
  2. I saw your name on the list from Daphne and I thought 'Hooray, Good for Deborah! I think it is completely charming and delightful and I love that you incorporate a piece from Debra S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, congratulations again! That's a beautiful piece, and someone will be so lucky to get it.

    ReplyDelete