Tuesday, January 26, 2010

At last, she is an artist

Well maybe.

Is art all about finding your voice or vision?

Hmm. I'm pondering that question as I navigate through quilting blogs and study the limitless variety of expression among art quilters. It's challenging my concept art within the context of quilting.

I don't consider myself an artist, but more of a craftswoman. I endeavor to learn techniques and perfect them more than to create something unique.

Maybe.

These thoughts have been floating around my head lately.

Along with this:

Those ubiquitous 100 calorie treats - there's one for virtually every cookie or snack product on the market.

Today I bought the 100 calorie Oreo Cakesters because I've been trying to lose the 2-3 pounds I put on during the holidays and naturally I'm craving chocolate. My friend Carolyn keeps a stash of candy in her office to which I have a key. So I wanted something I could have which would keep me away from the Snickers, even the "fun" size ones.

The minature Cakesters are about the size of a half dollar. They come in packs of 3, 5 packs to a box for nearly $3.00. That's about $.20 per bite "cookie." They are not multi-bite, and if you do try to get two bites out of each "cookie", one bite will wind up on the floor or your desk.

If you want them to last, my advice is the spread them out over a 15 minute period, one every five minutes. Don't eat them faster than that or you will forget them, and your $.60 will have been wasted. Then you'll have to eat another 100 calorie pack just to remember what they tasted like. You will have eaten the entire box before you know it.

Better still, don't buy them at all; give up chocolate and eat a banana.

No comments:

Post a Comment