Sunday, November 8, 2009

Emerging from the Wreckage

Really there's no wreckage except the clutter in my brain. I've been ultra-disorganized lately, unable to get anything together; I can't even remember to get batteries for the camera so I can take pictures of any small progress I've made on anything. What the heck is going on? Here's how utterly scatterbrained I am. I haul all this material downstairs to cut out a skirt or two and realize the fabric needs to be pressed. Then I can't find the pattern I want to use. I take it back up stairs to press it, and find the pattern; put it down and remember oh yeah, I don't have any black thread for the serger, I should run and get some but the local Wal Mart doesn't carry that anymore and hobby lobby is closed on Sunday (besides they don't have much of a selection) so it would mean driving all the way to Kennesaw to Joann's which I don't want to do today; maybe there's something else i can work on, let's see, how about that gray moleskin. Okay but what pattern? And two days later, remember the skirts I wanted to cut out but what pattern was i going to use and still dont' have the black thread; and now, where are my scissors? No kidding. The fabric is still on the sewing room floor waitingto be pressed. What do you want to bet that the next time I think about it, I haul it downstairs and start into it an realize it needs to be pressed, so I take it back upstairs.....

I'm busy at work, it's true; I come home and before i can turn around twice I'm unconcious on the sofa.

I signed up for the Quilting Gallery's Fall Inspired Mini Quilt Swap. I'm making excellent progress and as soon as I get those batteries, I will post a picture.

Maybe this weekend (well, the remain 12 hours or so of it) I will get the skirts cut out. I did remember to get black thread yesterday.

Maybe this will help. I joined a health club yesterday. My employer gets us an excellent deal with Health Place, which is connected to Kennestone Hospital/Wellstar. A co-worker goes there and loves it. They offer a number of classes in yoga, strength training, stretching, cardio, etc. It's extremely clean and from what I'm told, never terribly crowded. Lots of "seniors" - i.e., people my age. This afternoon I'm going to a water aerobics class. Maybe excercise will clear my poor befuddled brain.

Before I forget,
here is a beautiful quilt - what a wonderful memory quilt it would make. Scroll down to the bottom of the post.

1 comment:

  1. I can sympathsize. I have days like that too. Quite a bit of "why did I walk into this room?" goes on with me too.

    ReplyDelete