Sunday, April 5, 2009

Taming the Voices

The Voices Inside My Head have been busy the last few days. The Committee is in session. Do you have a committee that meets regularly in your head to monitor your every activity, every word?

I do.

This committee works overtime.

They keep me updated on what that which I have done which I should not have done; and that which I didn't do but should have done. And they critique what I did do, and it usually ain't that good.

Usually the mantra goes something like this: "You're an idiot. You're an idiot. You're an idiot."

Even my voices are dumb. Oh lord. Now I have voices criticizing the voices.

I need to put the voices on hold.

"Figure out what you have to do to enjoy the time you have on this planet.
You're only here to distract yourself until you die." - Loretta LaRoche

(p.s. - watch the brief video on the page I linked)

1 comment:

  1. You're absolutely NOT an idiot, and I'll take issue with anyone who says so, even if it's the "committee".

    "Do what you love so you can love what you do," is what I've always heard. Ask me if I've always practiced it....sigh.

    Tell the "committee" to find another chairperson!

    ReplyDelete