Thursday, April 10, 2014

Doris Day is 90 Years Young

I blogged a lot more before Facebook. I really need to get that monkey off my back.

My idol, Doris Day, turned 90 this week.

I don't think there is a single movie she was in that I didn't love: those great comedies with Rock Hudson (her dear friend) and James Garner, "The Man Who Knew Too Much" with Jimmy Stewart, "Midnight Lace" with Rex Harrison, "Love Me or Leave Me" with James Cagney. She could do anything.

Then there is her music, that sweet beautiful face, and her love of animals.

I always wondered why she was not chosen for the lead in the move version of "South Pacific". Not that Mitzi Gaynor wasn't fantastic but the part just screamed DORIS DAY.

Happy Birthday, Doris Day. You are a priceless treasure, a class act, true caring soul. So glad you shared your gifts with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment