Thursday, September 6, 2012

August CQJP Block & the Big Picture

Almost there.




The August block is the middle one on the left. I still have a few spaces to filling.

My next project is the final block, the one in the middle which consists of the large picture of the Aunts at the quilt frame.

I tried using pieces of linens, but that really seemed to swallow up the picture. My thought has always been to use plain linen fabric and do some nice floral embroidery and applique around the photo.

I have a beautiful dresser scarf, something no one uses any more, that is either a really fine cotton or linen, I can't tell which. The embroidery is lovely but I don't want to use it here. There's a large enough piece in the middle that I can use to mount the photo on and use for the center block.

I was thinking of framing the picture in lace.  Another thought was to use some wider silk ribbon, secured with embroidered roses, perhaps.

Your ideas and comments are appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment