Monday, August 1, 2011

Smackdown: 1000 Pyramids

Not such a good shot but it gives you an idea of the claustrophobic space i have to sew in. Actually I like how these are turning out. I have one finished and this one which I began on Sunday. I feel better about those triangle points today than I did yesterday.

 

 
Posted by Picasa

Flannel is mostly forgiving but at the same time, can be stretchy, especially on the bias. Still, this will surely be a very cozy quilt for a verteran. The triangles are done and stitched together, I just have to add them to the other rows.

I wouldn't make this again for awhile but I wouldn't mind having one of these myself. It's very striking and I'd like to make it using a plain solid and some large scale prints. I could see how you could play around with the triangles and make a sort of pin wheel ... if you were a mind to do so...

3 comments:

  1. This looks just great! Why were you stressing about the points? They look fine to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! I like your fabric choices

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colours and looks cozy.

    ReplyDelete