Saturday, August 1, 2009

Beautiful Bagels from the Farmers' Market

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa


I had forgotten about the farmers' market that is held on Marietta Square every Saturday when I dropped DH off at the library. It's not an extensive one: it covers just about one block on the north end of the Square near the Strand Theater. I spent a happy hour strolling along, sampling goodies and soaking in the aroma of fresh baked bread, the visual treat of home grown vegetables, and the allure of hand made soaps and lotions. Next week, I envision myself sitting on a park bench with a cup of coffee from Cool Beans and one of these fresh bagels in hand. With my camera, next time. Lots of people to watch.

I almost left with more than bagels. The Greyhound Rescue group was there. Honestly, I had to tear myself away. Nothing like the sweet face of a dog that needs a home. I swear, I nearly bought one.

No comments:

Post a Comment