Saturday, May 16, 2009

New Skirt

True to my word, I made myself this skirt last night:




I've had this pattern for awhile. I liked the simplicity and the nice clean line of the skirt. (The blouse - not so much. It's just bizarre). The skirt was very easy to fit and make. I also shortened it quite a bit.

I had some gray denim that SIL and I picked up at a strange, off the wall fabric store in another part of town - one of those places with bolt ends and such, piled on tables. We had a great time digging around in all those mountains of fabric. I got several pieces, like some moleskin for $1.00 a yard. I think the denim was about $1.00 / yard. They would cut the fabric for you but at that price, we just took whatever was there. (I need to get back out there).

You can't really see in this picture, but the skirt is cut so that the side seam is on a diagonal. I like the yoke, too, which is in one piece.

The blouse, though - that's another story. Where on earth would you wear that thing? It is strange, don't you agree?

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, how bout a modeling session?

    I'm with you on that blouse. And I'm considered abstract in my wardrobe choices.

    ReplyDelete