Monday, May 24, 2010

Heritage Park

My DD and I took the beast for a walk at Heritage Park on Sunday.


Posted by Picasa


It's a popular walk but not much color. The bridge goes over some wetlands which are more interesting in the fall. There weren't even any birds today.

Just for fun, here's an hilarious clip of Carrie Fisher roasting George Lucas:



I remember when Star Wars was released. We thought the special effects were awesome.

I also loved Fisher's recent autobiography, Wishful Drinking which is based on her one-woman show.

I'm currently reading Endurance by Alfred Lansing, about Shackleton's Antarctic expedition.

Also reading Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank. This is a classic, post-apocalyptic novel written about 1960 about the survivors of a nuclear attack. Depressing but ultimately hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment